Thursday, June 4, 2009

Oh, Happy Day

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
In a happy twist of fate, Jennifer Ladybug, nee Coccinella septempunctata, discovered late yesterday afternoon that despite stories to the contrary, her house was not on fire and her children were just fine.
"I was cheerily going about my business eating some aphids in the garden when two small human females stood over me and began reciting the most dreadful words I have ever heard. It seemed they had practiced it before because they said it in unison:
Ladybug, ladybug fly away home
your house is on fire and your children are alone.
Well, I flew home straight away and found that everyone was fine the house was not on fire and my children were still very much under the watchful eye of their auntie."
Pausing only to take a deep breath she then continued, "Can you imagine saying such things if they weren't true? Clearly these girls could do with some therapy."
Nearby, Pamela Spider had this to say,
"If you think that's bad you ought to hear their creepy song about itsy bitsy spiders."