Tuesday, January 20, 2009

10...9...8...7..

..................................................................................Though I am celebrating today's inauguration along with so many others, I wonder and worry for the state of our collective funny bone. Who will we ridicule now that we have a president that we have actually elected? And Joe Biden? He is so unlikely to ever shoot a pal in the face that I just don't know what we will be doing with ourselves for the next four years.
Oh, wait.... yes, I do: We will all somehow be dealing with the mess we're in now. Though it's easy to feel like a sap who wasn't invited to the party but has to help clean it up after the bullies and their brethren have all gone home to sleep it off, I predict that even with our noses pressed to the grindstone, we will find things to laugh about. Here's to us: Cheers, big ears!